Zeitgeist - The Gears of Revolution

Chapter three: The sabotage of the coaltongue

Last time on Zeitgeist, the RHC constables finally boarded the coaltongue, after meeting with the nobles, including the Duchess Ethelyn of Shale. Whom the party arranged a room for on the coaltongue. After a tour of the ship, the agents were asked by Delft to check on the duchess, but when they arrived they heard a splash, and saw the duchess in the water, and were attacked by an assassin, and the duchess’s handmaiden, Sokana.
GM: So, on with the combat
[TURN] Magdaline – [RESIST: Lightning 5 | RESIST: Thunder 5]
GM: If you climb the ladder you’ll be on the bottom one
Magdaline darts down the ladder while building up a static charge and unleashing it at the eladrin warlock.
Magdaline switches her target at the last second…
Attack 9 → [at Fire Sprites 5] [MISS]
Attack 5 → [at Fire Sprites 5] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
[TURN] Fire Sprites 5
Magdaline quick movements throws off her aim and the lightning strike carooms off the wall, missing the imps.
Fire Sprites 5 opens the door and rushes in.
Fire Sprites 5 pulls off the ward from the door
[TURN] Fire Sprites 6
Fire Sprites 6 also opens the door and pulls off the ward
[TURN] Laerdir of Runewood
Magdaline shouts, “The imps are running fer th’munnitions!”
Laerdir of Runewood runs forward, swings down the ladder and fires his bow at the first sprite he sees.
Attack 6 → [at Fire Sprites 5] [MISS]
Attack 2 → [at Fire Sprites 5] [MISS]
[TURN] Hunter – [Defender Aura; AC: 2]
Hunter heads down the ladder.
Hunter jumps off and swings his huge sword overhead!
Attack 11 → [at Sokana, Eladrin Warlock] [MISS]
Sokana: Your pitiful attempts to stop me are pointless
[TURN] Weylen Crane
Star: dodges the attack with absolute ease
Sokana dodges the attack with absolute ease
Hunter: Well, we’d rather not become explodified.
[TURN] Sokana, Eladrin Warlock – [MARK: -2 [EXPIRES]]
Sokana, Eladrin Warlock rushes past Hunter and Weylen, not caring for their attacks
Attack 15 → [at Sokana, Eladrin Warlock] [MISS]
Attack 10 → [at Sokana, Eladrin Warlock] [MISS]
Sokana, Eladrin Warlock climbs down the ladder to the engineering deck
Sokana, Eladrin Warlock: Hurry up, destroy the valves!
[TURN] LuciusLucius frantically sets about reloading his firearms
[TURN] Beth – [DEF: 1]
Damage 10 → [to Sokana, Eladrin Warlock]
GM: Lets just say, if anything should cause them all to explode at the same time, the ship is going to be blown to bits if all three are unwarded
GM: Hypothetically
Magdaline shouts, “Split up and take the woman down, ye swabs, while th’ rest take care o’ the imps.”
Attack 15 → [at Fire Sprites 5] [MISS]
Beth: wat
The fire sprite explodes, and the charm like ward falls to the floor
[ROUND 4]
[TURN] Magdaline – [RESIST: Lightning 5 | RESIST: Thunder 5]
Magdaline strikes her hands together and hurls a sphere of frost at the remaining imp.
Attack 5 → [at Fire Sprites 6] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Magdaline curses aloud as her aim is again impaired and the sphere smashes into the door.
[TURN] Fire Sprites 6
The sprite moves towards the door and opens it, then rushes inside and removes the ward.
[TURN] Engineer Saboteurs 1
[TURN] Engineer Saboteurs 2
[TURN] Laerdir of Runewood
Laerdir of Runewood rushes forward toward the gunpowder rooms and, quickly spotting the remaining sprite, thrusts at it through the door.
GM: [ATTACK (M)] Enfeebling Strike (vs. AC) 13
Attack 13 → [at Fire Sprites 6] [MISS]
[TURN] Hunter – [Defender Aura; AC: 2]
Hunter chases after the warlock!
Hunter jumps off the ladder in a reckless attempt to cleave into the woman!
Attack 11 → [at Sokana, Eladrin Warlock] [MISS]
GM: ._.
[TURN] Weylen Crane
Sokana: If I had known you were this pathetic, I would have ripped your… letter, into tiny pieces and then burned it, as it was I just simply burned it.
Hunter: Wow. Rude.
Attack 17 → [at Sokana, Eladrin Warlock] [HIT]
Damage 7 → [to Sokana, Eladrin Warlock]
Weylen Crane runs a finger along his blade, runes crackling with electrity that leaps to his hand, and extends outward to Sokana, flinging a tendril of lightning.
[TURN] Sokana, Eladrin Warlock – [MARK: -2 [EXPIRES]]
Sokana, Eladrin Warlock ignores Hunter and Weylen and heads for the furnace
Attack 10 → [at Sokana, Eladrin Warlock] [MISS]
Attack 11 → [at Sokana, Eladrin Warlock] [MISS]
Sokana, Eladrin Warlock throws her amber rod into the furnace
As soon as her rod enters the furnace, it flares with light and the furnace begins to shudder with barely-contained arcane energy.
Sokana, Eladrin Warlock points to one of the engineers
Sokana, Eladrin Warlock: You, forget the valve, seal this door!
Sokana, Eladrin Warlock creates a barrier of fire between herself and hunter
Sokana, Eladrin Warlock: You pulled me towards you, now let me pull you into the fire
GM: Weylen gets for hunter covering him
Attack 19 → [at Weylen Crane] [HIT]
GM: So yeah that’s a definite miss
[TURN] Lucius
Weylen Crane swipes his hand and interposes a barrier of his own.
Lucius finishes loading his musket and clambers down the ladder
Weylen Crane: “Your second-hand parlor tricks are a joke!”
Lucius whips out his pistol and begins to load it as well
[TURN] Beth
Beth does just that.
Beth hangs the ward on the door.
[ROUND 5]
[TURN] Magdaline – [RESIST: Lightning 5 | RESIST: Thunder 5]
Magdaline rushes forward and leaps down the hatch after the warlock.
[TURN] Fire Sprites 6
Fire Sprites 6: Double move you turn your standard action into a movement
Fire Sprites 6 shifts over and tries to attack Laerdir through the door
Attack 20 → [at Laerdir of Runewood] [HIT]
Fire Sprites 6: [DAMAGE (M)] Scribbling Claws [TYPE: fire] 4
Damage 4 → [to Laerdir of Runewood]
Effect [‘Grabbed [EXPIRES]’] → [to Laerdir of Runewood] [by Fire Sprites 6]
[TURN] Engineer Saboteurs 1
Engineer Saboteurs 1 closes the furnace door and touches it with a wand like object.
The furnace door completely rusts, making it much harder to open!
[TURN] Engineer Saboteurs 2
Engineer Saboteurs 2 begins to close the valve
[TURN] Laerdir of Runewood – [Grabbed [EXPIRES]]
Laerdir of Runewood holds his spear over the sprite grabbing him and plunges down.
Attack 6 → [at Fire Sprites 6] [MISS]
[TURN] Hunter – [Defender Aura; AC: 2]
Hunter goes through the flaming wall!
Sokana, Eladrin Warlock: [DAMAGE (A)] Searing Barrier [TYPE: fire] 5
Damage 5 → [to Hunter]
Hunter: …Ow.
Hunter: Okay. I’d appreciate it if you’d hold still for this.
Attack 10 → [at Sokana, Eladrin Warlock] [MISS]
Damage 5 → [to Sokana, Eladrin Warlock]
GM: From the furnace heat, which’ll affect hunter as well
GM: [DAMAGE (M)] Thunder Hooves Rage [FOCUS 1,3D] [FOCUS CRIT ] [-17]
GM: [DAMAGE (M)] Thunder Hooves Rage [FOCUS 1,3D] [FOCUS CRIT ] 8
Damage 8 → [to Sokana, Eladrin Warlock]
The furnace is so hot that anything close to it will begin to burn
[TURN] Weylen Crane
Attack 21 → [at Engineer Saboteurs 1] [HIT]
Damage 10 → [to Engineer Saboteurs 1]
Weylen Crane ‘s sword crackles with lighting and he slashes a tear through space, steps through it, and appears besides the saboteur in a flash of electricity.
[TURN] Sokana, Eladrin Warlock – [MARK: -2 [EXPIRES]]
Sokana, Eladrin Warlock throws caution to the wind and rushes through her own wall f fire
Attack 14 → [at Sokana, Eladrin Warlock] [MISS]
Sokana, Eladrin Warlock: [DAMAGE (A)] Searing Barrier [TYPE: fire] 5
Damage 5 → [to Sokana, Eladrin Warlock]
Sokana opens a latch on the firegem fuel bin
[TURN] Lucius
Lucius finishes loading his pistol and dashes for the stairs down
Lucius slides down the ladder and raises his musket, drawing a bead on Sokana
Attack 18 → [at Sokana, Eladrin Warlock] [HIT]
Damage 13 → [to Sokana, Eladrin Warlock]
Effect [’Slowed’] → [to Sokana, Eladrin Warlock] [by Lucius]
Lucius fires his musket with a loud rapport and a gout of flame and smoke
[TURN] Beth
Beth grips her runed watch-pendant, pointing her other hand at the sprite, her open palm facing it. A golden radiance shines from the pendant between her fingers, and a beam of holy light lashes out towards her target…
Attack 15 → [at Fire Sprites 6] [MISS]
Beth misses, the beam striking the wall next to the doorway, singing a small line in it.
[ROUND 6]
[TURN] Magdaline – [RESIST: Lightning 5 | RESIST: Thunder 5]
Magdaline frustrated with her performance thus far, begins to draw in arcane energies, causing static to snap and crackle around her. The charge builds for a moment before a brillant cobalt bolt springs from her outstretched hands, quickly covering the gap between herself and the warlock, all the while the sorceress screaming, tears streaming from her face, “Lola’loktal rillbaella!!!”
Attack 20 → [at Sokana, Eladrin Warlock] [HIT]
Sokana explodes into a ball of goop
Magdaline: Eat that, ye blasted wench!
Magdaline: Take the rest without cleavin their heads, boyos! The wench is down.
[TURN] Fire Sprites 6 – [MARK: -2]
Hunter: RAAAAAAA
Saboteur: You killing Sokana will not stop the inevitable, this ship will explode.
Attack 25 → [at Laerdir of Runewood] [HIT]
Fire Sprites 6: [DAMAGE (M)] Scribbling Claws [TYPE: fire] 4
Damage 4 → [to Laerdir of Runewood]
Magdaline: Perhaps we’ll feed yer carcass t’the boilers t’calm’em down then, eh?
GM: [DAMAGE] Ongoing damage [TYPE: thunder] 5
[TURN] Engineer Saboteurs 1 – [DMGO: 5 thunder; [SAVE]]
Damage 5 → [to Engineer Saboteurs 1]
[TURN] Magdaline – [RESIST: Lightning 5 | RESIST: Thunder 5]
GM: [DAMAGE] Ongoing damage [TYPE: thunder] 5
Damage 5 → [to Engineer Saboteurs 1]
[TURN] Engineer Saboteurs 1 – [DMGO: 5 thunder; [SAVE]]
Engineer Saboteurs 1: [DAMAGE] Ongoing damage [TYPE: thunder] [-5]
Heal 5 → [to Engineer Saboteurs 1]
Engineer Saboteurs 1 smashes at Weylen with his wrench
Attack 21 → [at Weylen Crane] [HIT]
The impact from the wrench jars weylen enough for the engineer to shove him out of the way
Damage 5 → [to Weylen Crane]
[TURN] Engineer Saboteurs 2
Engineer Saboteurs 2 closes the valve shut, then uses his rusting wand to rust the valve
As the valve shuts the furnace begins to burn even hotter
It’s quite obvious to you now, that unless you do something, the engine will soon explode.
[TURN] Laerdir of Runewood
Laerdir of Runewood rushes off to reach the others.
[TURN] Hunter – [RAGE: Thunder Hooves]
Damage 5 → [to Hunter]
The rusted door opens by force
Hunter reaches into the fiery furnace for a heroic ploy!
The scolding heat burns you significantly!
Hunter: ….Ow. OW… OW…
However, just before you pass out from the heat, you manage to pull the rod out!
[TURN] Weylen Crane
Weylen Crane: [HEAL] Second Wind [COST 1] [HSV 1] 0
Heal 7[HS-1] → [to Weylen Crane]
The furnace begins to cool down, but you can still tell that it’ll explode unless you do remove the energy
Damage 10 → [to Weylen Crane]
Heal 10 → [to Weylen Crane]
[TURN] Lucius
Lucius seems to mull it over in his head a moment before dashing headlong through the flames to get to the other side
Lucius yanks his pistol from his belt and aims it at one of the engineers before firing
Attack 15 → [at Engineer Saboteurs 1] [HIT]
The engineers head explodes
Lucius is pleased when the engineers head turns into a fine mist and blows some smoke away from the barrel of his pistol
[TURN] Beth
[ROUND 7]
[TURN] Magdaline – [RESIST: Lightning 5 | RESIST: Thunder 5]
Magdaline bares her teeth and pushes her way through the cinder-filled mist, nearly stomping on the body of Hunter as she does so.
Magdaline flings a bolt of lightning at the remaining engineer.
Attack 7 → [at Engineer Saboteurs 2] [MISS]
[TURN] Engineer Saboteurs 2
Engineer Saboteurs 2 bludgeons mag with his wrench
Attack 11 → [at Magdaline] [MISS]
Magdaline brushes the cinders out of her eyes to see that the lightning bolt missed her target.
[TURN] Laerdir of Runewood
Laerdir of Runewood climbs down the ladder to a wall of flames and intense heat… “What’s going on here?”
Weylen Crane: “We need to get the firegems out of the furnace or this thing will explode!”
Magdaline: Hunter’s down!
Laerdir of Runewood raises an eyebrow and pushes through the fire wall.
Laerdir of Runewood: [HEAL #2] Lay on Hands [HSV 1] 2
[TURN] Hunter – [DEF: 2 | RAGE: Thunder Hooves]
Hunter stands up….. in pain.
Damage 5 → [to Hunter]
Hunter gets the hell away and attempts to take out that other guy!
Attack 14 → [at Engineer Saboteurs 2] [HIT]
[TURN] Weylen Crane
[TURN] Lucius
[TURN] Beth
Beth notices weylen first, who is quite injured, and says a healing prayer, her watch-pendant glowing slightly as she does.
[ROUND 8]
[TURN] Weylen Crane
[ROUND 9]

Comments

Starcrawler

I'm sorry, but we no longer support this web browser. Please upgrade your browser or install Chrome or Firefox to enjoy the full functionality of this site.